New Kenwood driver safety camera exclusive to Volkswagen UK
Kenwood has launched its new DRV-410 driver safety camera, exclusive to Volkswagen Group UK
Motorists can mount it next to the rear-view mirror to produce high-definition video recordings of their journeys, to document road traffic incidents.
• HDR for backlighting – with high dynamic range (HDR) technology, it can record video in dark and bright locations without underexposing or overexposing the image
• Smooth recording – recording at 27 frames per second creates a natural and progressively smooth video
• Extensive recording function – with latest motion detection technology and its own internal battery, the DRV-410 automatically activates and records video when motion is detected near the front of the vehicle. During parking mode, the security indicator will deter car theft or vandalism
• Built-in GPS – the unit’s highly sensitive global positioning system (GPS) receiver checks your location and automatically records driving information in the video such as speed, altitude, longitude, latitude and heading. It also displays your location on Google Maps™ with a link to the internet when you play the video through the Kenwood Drive Reviewer application
• Kenwood Drive Reviewer – this is a PC application for displaying video recorded with the device. The application can be downloaded from the JVC KENWOOD website.
• Additional safety features – the unit will detect and alert motorists to possible collisions ahead or if you drift from a lane on a motorway or dual carriageway